Thursday 9 August 2007

Service ... ?

I was taken out for a meal tonight. It was a lovely meal in a Norwich restaurant (no advertising here!) and although the food and the company was excellent, the service was incredibly slow.

We should all think about our customers, whether at work, in a social context or in church and think about what they want. I try to do this when I am choosing music, but I feel that there is more to it than that.

As I had a long journey home and work the next day, four hours for a meal seems excessive. Should my voluntaries be shorter so that the congregation can get home earlier for Sunday lunch? This is probably going to the wrong extreme, but did the restaurant give my friends and I more time because we were having a good time? I suspect not, but the relaxed atmosphere was, I must say, well worth it.

No comments: