Friday 29 February 2008

Wedding Time

Tomorrow morning we will set off for Berkshire to attend my niece's wedding.

As a church organist, I have played the organ at numerous church weddings (and blessings), in fact too many to count. At one of the churches I was organist at, I think we averaged two per Saturday for about five months of the year!

In my longer distant past, I worked as a wine waiter in the restaurant of an art gallery whilst at University. Because of the setting, many wedding receptions took place there and so I have served the "happy couples" in a different capacity.

However, my niece's wedding will be the first time I have attended a wedding where the entire event takes place at a single location. I have even heard that we will not be going outside. Indoor photos, eh?

I will write a review (possibly with pictures) after the event.

No comments: