Saturday 1 October 2011

Two extremes

Today I have encountered two extremes encapsulating my mortality.

First I did my usual Saturday morning run, this week of five miles, a little earlier than usual because of the high temperatures during the day.

Then I went for my annual 'flu jab, because I am in a vulnerable category.  I have chronic asthma.  It affects me all the time but is totally under control by medication.

When I finished my morning run, my breathing and heart rate were back to normal in minutes.  Although vulnerable, more than medication keeps my asthma under control.  And I was told at my last routine asthma check up that "with blood pressure like [mine] I should live for ever".

So the moral is, don't simply rely on medication to treat physical symptoms.  Although, with luck I won't get 'flu this year!

No comments: